the car wasn’t locked, it was tempeting fate.
my friends and me, we’d stopped out late.
nothing to do, nowhere to go,
put the car into gear, hit the open road.
karl at the wheel, driving too fast.
we told him slow down, but he didn’t hear.
saw you to late, no time to stop.
nowhere to turn, i knew you were hurt.
no, n-body said it would be easy, i know.
no, n-body said it would be easy.
i can’t forgive myslef and no one else,
for what we’ve done to you.
please, will you ever belive me.
i’m sorry more than words can say,
wish it didn’t have to be this way.
outside the theatre, no one was there.
the doctors had finished, where were you now.
they said it was bad, had to see for myself.
no one to stop me, no nurses about.
you looked so pale, i felt so scared.
you were hardly breathing, the monitor said.
your pulse to slow, your blood pressure high.
i prayed to god that you wouldn’t die.
the time it went by, the pain you still felt.
the doctors weren’t hopeful if you’d ever walk.
the law came down heavy, though it wasn’t enough.
karl just got a ban, while you got a crutch.
i vist you often, you say that were friends.
i still can’t help feeling our love will not mend.
emotional scars that you try hard to hide.
my own sister crippled, a careless joyride
- lirik lagu the transfiguration (parts i and ii) – all things bright & beautiful
- lirik lagu third trumpet, fourth trumpet sounding – all things bright & beautiful
- lirik lagu wedding feast of the lamb first movement – all things bright & beautiful
- lirik lagu dear maria – all time low
- lirik lagu hit the lights – all time low